Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lucy's Ballet Recital

Lucy had her ballet recital at the end of April. This was her third year in ballet and she continues to really love her class, her teacher and most everything about it. We are thankful for the little ballet school she gets to be a part of and love that the focus is to honor God.


Right before Lucy and Mommy left for rehearsals. I loved her dress this year.


Finishing up a very fast dinner in the lobby with the Dorin kiddos. Lucy absolutely loved that she and Danielle were able to be in ballet together this Spring semester since the they came off the mission field. Most weeks Annie picked Lu up for ballet class since we were on the way. That was a huge blessing to me sine it happens to be during our Annie's afternoon nap. 


Sweet friends!


Lily (Danielle's little sister) striking a pose before her performance. She was in the youngest class there.


Lucy's class with their teacher, Miss Hannah. 


Lucy and her friend Abigail from church. These girls are so sweet and enjoy getting to go to each other's "events" to encourage each other.


Lucy and Miss Hannah.

As much as I know Lucy loves her ballet class, I am glad it is over for the year. A summer break from most things is always nice, I find. Getting us all ready and out the door for a 30 minute activity for one child can be a chore at times, but I have to continually remind myself that we are making these sacrifices to bless Lucy. As a family we will all take turns sacrificing something to bless one another. So, as silly as it might seem, I find this little ballet class as an opportunity to "die to self" and learn to consider others as more important than myself. Lord willing, I'll continue to grow in this year by year. Thankfully, it is an easy decision to continue on with this activity since Lucy loves it so much (and really, the other three love seeing their friends that are there as well).

No comments: