Sunday, February 13, 2011

Samuel's 1st Birthday Party

We celebrated Samuel's birthday on the 22nd of January with some of our family.  It was a lot of fun, and such a blessing to get to hang out with everyone.  The kids had a blast, though we only managed to get almost no pictures of anyone but Sam.  Oh well.  It was his birthday party after all. 


Nathan replaced the photos on our photo wall with pictures from Samuel's first year of life.  So sweet!


Enjoying some nice weather outside while Grammy walk the birthday boy around.


Hmmm.  Chili for lunch.


Apparently we have made it to the stage of goofy picture poses from Lucy.


Again, goofy girl. :)


Singing "happy birthday" to Samuel.


Ben "helping" Samuel blow his candle out.


Sam's first bite of anything cake-like (that I know of).  He has issues with gluten, so I ended up making gluten-free chocolate cupcake.  They were really good!




This face means he approves.



Playing with the fun pull toy from Nana.  All the kids think this thing is the greatest.  It is really cute.

I can still hardly believe our little man is a year old.  He is not near walking, which isn't surprising since both Lucy and Ben walked at 15 months (hopefully he will be soon...our backs hurt from holding his hands as he has us "walk" him around the house).  You can tell he wants to keep up with Lucy and Ben, especially Ben.  He loves being wherever they are, and trying to get into their things.  He is saying more words (Mama, Daddy, no, ruff ruff ruff, yes, uh oh...I can't remember the rest right off hand), and is able to communicate what he wants much better than Ben was at this point. 

We are so grateful for this little guy.  He is so sweet.  Really, so sweet.  Although I am ready for him to walk, I know that I will miss how often we get to carry him about these days.  I can't believe he is going to be a big brother in four months!

4 comments:

Haley said...

He is SO CUTE! My goodness! Both of my kids were "late" walkers, too. And I totally know what you mean about missing being able to carry them around so much. *Sniff* ;)

Melissa said...

Very cute! He looks so concerned about the candle or something. "Mommy, don't you know that boys plus fire equals dangerous?" You guys have a great family!

Michelle said...

What a fun birthday! Love the photo wall idea!!! :-)

What recipe did you use for the gluten free cake? Is it coconut flour? I'm wanting to experiment with making a coconut flour cake that I can maybe feed to Abigail for her first birthday. (Thankfully, I have a little time! haha...)

Stephanie said...

Michelle, I actually just bought a box mix. I have been confused on Samuel's food stuff so much lately. What were his normal signs in the past don't seem to show up lately. Hmmm. Maybe he is doing better with things, I don't know. At least soaked whole wheat doesn't bother him.

I am making cupcakes this weekend for Ben's birthday from white beans. They have to be GF/CF for one of the cousins. Plus, Nana has to have GF. I just have to make sure to not cross contaminate...I think I've not done the best job with that.