Monday, February 21, 2011

Jessica's Hope

A friend of mine shared a link on facebook today from a blog she reads.  The blog post, Hope does not put to shame, was written by a husband who lost his young wife to cancer on February 8th, just two days after delivering their second child.  I hope you will head on over to Jessica's Hope to read their story.

Though I grieve for this family, and am praying for them, I found their firm faith in the Lord Jesus incredibly encouraging.  I have a great friend that says she wants to suffer well for Christ in trials.  I have to say that this is exactly what the Council family has done, and God is certainly using it for His glory.

"After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.  To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen."  1 Peter 5:10-11

No comments: