Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thanksgiving Tree

Yes, I am a little late on this one. Just two months, but who's counting?

I just wanted to share a family project we had leading up to Thanksgiving, and that we kept up for much of December. Our Thanksgiving Tree.


I drew the tree trunk on brown packing paper free hand, and stapled it to white paper on a cork board. I ordered various fall-colored paper leaves to write on. Every night after finishing family worship, we would write something on a few different leaves that we were thankful for.

As you can see, we easily filled up the tree by the time Thanksgiving came around. It was a great way for the kids (and me!!) to visually be reminded of how blessed we are by our Lord.

We will definitely be making this a tradition in our home.

Oh, and please forgive the messy, crooked handwriting. It happens. A lot.

"I will give thanks to the LORD according to His righteousness, and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High." Psalm 7:17

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I really like this idea - what a great way to be reminded of all God has done and is doing for us. I love things that can be read over and over throughout the day!