Thursday, December 2, 2010

Here With Us

I usually don't listen to a lot of Christian radio around here since I find the commercials and programming a bit frustrating. However, one of our local stations plays Christmas music starting the weekend after Thanksgiving. And since we don't own any Christmas CDs, this is great.

The other day the kids and I were running errands when I heard two of my favorite Christmas songs in a row. The first was O Holy Night (who doesn't like that one!?!), and the second was Here with Us by Joy Williams.

I am pretty sure that Here With Us is my favorite contemporary Christmas song. So much truth to ponder. I especially love how she sings Hallelujah in response to the truth she just sang about. Thinking about the truths being sung was a bit overwhelming to me as I was driving, and I admit that I was certainly worshipping through tears of joy as I sang along.

I thought I'd share the song with you all. I hope you enjoy it. Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that song too! Can't hear it without crying. Chuck showed this same video last year. I think having kids makes it come more alive for me, "but still Mary had to rock her Savior to sleep" - wow! Thanks for sharing!

Haley said...

I'd forgotten about that song since last year. Love it!