Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I should have known...

better than leaving scissors in the bathroom cabinet. In my defense, they were up high. However, I was just thinking this weekend, "we should probably put these much higher." I should have followed through with this thought...

While sitting with Ben in our room this morning Lucy ran in, threw her arms in the air and yelled, "HAIRCUT!!!" That's right folks. Lucy gave herself a haircut while I thought she was going to the bathroom.

It is hard to tell here, but she now has bangs. I am not a fan.
Oh, that sweet chunk of hair she took off.

Even more hair gone...and a good view of the bangs. Argh!!!

But the back is still long. It took such a long time for her hair to get this long...
I called Nathan at work to let him know. It is never good when the first words out of my mouth are, "Don't be mad." He was not near as upset as I expect (he likes her long hair a lot), but asked I make an appointment to have it fixed. I did not feel confident in trying to fix it, so off to Maria we went.
Getting ready for the big fix.


Doesn't she look excited?


Yikes!!! That is short!



A sucker makes it all better. Well, it actually just appeases two toddlers at the beauty shop.



Here you can see how I managed this trip solo with three little kids. Sam on my back, Lucy in the chair with a sucker, and Ben roaming with a sucker. It really wasn't bad.


And here she is with her new do. She is such a big girl!!
And with that, I am off to put all the scissors in the house far, far, FAR away from little hands!

6 comments:

shannon spaulding said...

her hair is REALLY cute!

Crissy said...

She's really cute...and she looks WAY TOO PROUD in that last picture. Maybe you should throw the scissors away :) I bet she will try again!

LeAnn said...

Sorry that you had to go through that, but what a good reminder to me about putting up the scissors!

She looks so much older now---she's lost that toddler look and is now a beautiful little girl.

She did seem to have a mischievous little grin though....:)

Kenny and Chrissy said...

Okay, I know how upset this made you, but she DOES look super cute with the short hair.

lostinrain said...

Hair grows. This happens to everyone--no matter how high you put the scissors. Mark put an alarm on our medicine cabinet! :)
Next we need an alarm on the garage door! At least she didn't cut Ben's fingertip off! And, I did show up at the minor emergency clinic carrying the injured T in my arms with M on my back! And even that has healed now. :)

Haley said...

Oh man! I laughed when at the part about it never being good when your first words are "don't be mad". I hate starting conversations like that! And Crissy is right, Lu looks way too proud in that last picture. :) She is too funny! And she is still just as beautiful as ever. And the good thing about hair is that it always grows back. :) Now I'm going to hid all of my scissors. :)