Tuesday, June 22, 2010

5 Months


Yesterday marked 5 months since Samuel was born (and so many years since my own mama was born - Happy Birthday, Mom!!).

It is hard to believe that our little guy is already almost half a year old. The time really flies faster the more kids you have. He is such a sweet and easy-going baby that you can't help but love being around him. And a snuggler...both my boys are snugglers. I love it!

To celebrate his 5 months he decided to sleep through the night on Sunday. He is probably not going to have any repeat performances any time soon, which is totally fine by me. The sleep was nice since Nathan and I were up much later than normal putting a shelving unit together.

Samuel looks like he has his two bottom teeth coming in. I can see the ridges on both sides of his gums, but no little white lines at the top yet. Lucy was 6 1/2 months when she got her first tooth, Ben was 5 1/2. So, I'd expect it fairly soon. I am going to miss those gummy grins.

He is now rolling over both ways, but not anywhere close to sitting up. He loves to laugh and Lucy and Ben, and his whole face smiles when he smiles. Precious! He has a favorite toy, a little soft book with tabs to chew on. This was Lucy's favorite as well. We are still having some food issues that Nathan and I are figuring out. We are hoping to have it all figured out in the next month or two. He is nowhere close to having any solids, especially given all the issues he is having with just what I am eating. We will likely skip pureed foods and move just to small pieces of soft foods like with Lucy.

We are so thankful that the Lord saw fit to bless us with this sweet boy. Even in the difficult time he is a blessing.

"Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward." ~ Psalm 127:3

1 comment:

Haley said...

I somehow missed this post. But that Samuel is such a cutie! I'm glad to know that he's a cuddler. Eli is a cuddle bug and I'm hoping that this next little boy is a cuddler, too.