Monday, April 5, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


Check Out I'm An Organizing Junkie for more menus and organizing tips.

For breakfast this week we'll have one or more of the following:
Eggs
Cereal
Fruit (apples, strawberries, bananas, kiwi, clementines)

For snacks we'll have one ore more of the following:

Apples with pecan butter
Almonds
Raisins
Chocolate "Pudding"
Carrot sticks
Clementines

Lunches are generally leftovers from the night before.

Monday - Easter Dinner Leftovers of
Salmon with Asparagus, Quinoa, Spring Salad with Strawberries and Creamy Avocado-Orange dressing

Tuesday - Baked Sweet Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli, Salad and Bread

Wednesday - Egg Salad (made with homemade almondaise), Homemade Crackers, Hummus, Carrot and Celery sticks

Thursday - Quiche, Fruit Medley, Salad

Friday - Moroccan-Spice Chicken, Minted Carrots, Olive, Apricot and Pistachio Couscous, Salad

Saturday - Homemade Pizza with Soaked Crust and Secret Pizza Sauce

Sunday - Taco Salad with the fixings (turkey, olives, onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, avocado, goat cheese, salsa, lettuce and chips)

4 comments:

Mae Burke said...

What grains do you use when you soak? Wheat, Kamut, Buckwheat? I'd love a lesson. I also would love to know where you get it! I'm getting Sally Fallon's book in the mail any day now!

Stephanie said...

Right now I am using wheat. When we get our own mill I plan on trying others, but that is it for now. Are you looking for a source to buy grains? Look up Azure Standard. They are about to start a route in up there, and their prices are the BEST. Also, Joyful Living in Aledo has good prices as well for whole grains.

You'll love Nourishing Traditions. I am finding that I rarely pick up any of my other cookbooks. I just use NT and blogs for recipes these days.

Mae Burke said...

OH! I am really looking forward to that, not so much if I get hooked and move, lol.

What do you think about giving 9 month olds brown rice? L is starting to be super hungry and the books say it's okay

Stephanie said...

I understand about getting hooked and then moving! lol

I would think it would be okay, especially if you soaked it first like NT recommends. That makes it easier to digest. I wonder if she could have quinoa. Great source of protein.