Monday, March 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


Go over to I'm An Organizing Junkie for links to other menus for Menu Plan Monday.


For breakfast this week we'll have one or more of the following:

Soaked Oatmeal
Eggs
Whole Wheat Waffles
Breakfast Cookies
Fruit
Smoothies

For snacks we'll have one ore more of the following:

Clementines
Apples with peanut butter
Pecans
Raisins

Frozen Blueberries
Chocolate "Pudding"

Lunches are generally leftovers from the night before.

Monday -
Salmon and Asparagus, Roasted Carrots, Salad and Rolls

Tuesday - Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas and Salad

Wednesday - Chicken Gumbo (NT recipe from the freezer), Brown Rice and Leftover Rolls

Thursday - Curried Sprouted Lentils with a Ginger and Garlic Cilantro Sauce, Quinoa and Carrots

Friday - Beef Fajitas (NT recipe), Pinto Beans, Spanish Rice (adapted from
this recipe), Soaked WW Tortillas and fixings (having friends over and they are bringing a dessert)

Saturday - Fried Rice, Egg Drop Soup and Sauteed Bananas


Sunday - Sloppy Joes in a Bowl, Brown Rice, Avocado, Leftover Tortillas and Salad

Okay, so I don't have any crockpot recipes this week, but that is okay. I am having to find lots of new recipes since I can't have any dairy, and most of my current ones have loads of it...or they are soups and we are ALL tired of soups. So, that means finding many new recipes online, and I just was not in the mood to look when I made the menu on Saturday. Next week we'll definitely be using the crockpot...it is going to be a busy week!

Happy Eating.

3 comments:

Brett said...

Hey Stephanie,

Breakfast cookies? This could be the best invention ever! I've got to get the recipe!

I noticed that you are into scripture memory. I recently built a side-panel widget for blogs that displays memory verses from the scripturetyper.com website. It can either display random verses, or, if you are memorizing scripture on scripturetyper, it can show the most recent verse you've memorized. I hope you find it helpful!

http://scripturetyper.com/blog/index.php/widget/

Many Blessings,

Brett

Heather Dessinger said...

Stephanie - You have converted my entire household to the thin-crust pizza crust recipe you sent over. We did it Nourishing Traditions style and it turned out great! I'll post my method next week.

Interested in sharing that black bean enchilada recipe? It's really speaking to this pregnant momma's cravings!!!

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to see what you did with the recipe, Heather. I am going to be making pizza this week for sure (trying it with goat cheese since I am off anything with cow's milk). Hopefully it will be good.

Here is the recipe for the enchiladas: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/enchiladas-black-bean-sweet-potato.html. I really liked them a lot. I also have a recipe for black bean and sweet potato quesadillas. I just really like the combo. Unfortunately, I am the only one in this house that does. Oh well.