Monday, February 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


I've decided to join I'm An Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday as part of my effort to be more organized around here. Nathan and I are not necessarily unorganized, but with each kiddo we have, the more organized I desire to be. So, here we go...our menu for the week.
For breakfast this week we'll have one or more of the following:
Oatmeal
Scrambled Eggs
Whole Wheat Waffles
Fruit
For snacks we'll have one ore more of the following:
Hummus with carrot and celery sticks
Whole Wheat Cracker and homemade pecan butter
Raw Almonds
Clementines
Dried apple and banana chips (in the dehydrator now)
Lunches are generally leftovers from the night before.
Tuesday - Black & Green Bean Corn Hash over brown rice
Wednesday - Chicken Gumbo (Nourishing Traditions - from our freezer stash) over brown rice with cornbread
Friday - Spaghetti Casserole (for Nathan and the kids from our freezer stash - I am dairy free right now due to nursing and Samuel having a sensitivity to dairy) and Salad
Saturday - BBQ Chicken Sandwiches on Homemade Rolls, Potato Salad, Fruit and test cake for Ben's upcoming birthday for dessert
My goals for cooking are to have at least two crockpot meals a week, meat every other night and dessert only once a week. So far, it is going really well.

No comments: