Friday, October 30, 2009

Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch

Earlier this week the kids and I joined some friends from Bible study, along with five teenage girls from church, for an outing to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch. We had fun getting to play with the other kids, and I enjoyed the fellowship with the moms and girls that came to help us keep track of kiddos.

Our original plans were to go, play, pick out pumpkins and eat a picnic there. It turned out to be a bit too cold for the picnic (in addition to LOTS of daycares being there that day). So, we opted to go back to the church for our lunches, and let the kids play outside afterwards.

Most of my pictures I snagged from the other ladies since our camera stopped working about two minutes after we got there. I think Amy and I are the only ones I don't have pictures of with our kiddos (well, there is one with Ben, but not with both of mine). Maybe next time I will be more prepared...or will just bring the 35mm like Nathan suggested.

Jaxon and Peter

Ben

Lucy

Cooper and Coen. These sweeties are just a few days apart.

Peter lounging...he is so funny.

Keri and her boys, Justin and Peter

Laura and her boys, Jaxon and Cooper

Cooper and Lucy hanging out in the wagon.

Ben was having a hard time promoting peace with Peter the whole day, so he ended up here for a while. Plus, you get to see my bulging belly. ;)

All the kiddos. L-R: Ben, Lucy, Coen, Jaxon, Peter, Cooper and Justin.
Although the day didn't go exactly as we planned, it really was a blessing to get out and be with such sweet friends in the Lord. I am continually blessed and thankful that the Lord has given us friends that truly love Him, trust Him and seek to bring Him glory.

1 comment:

Crissy said...

I think that pic of your "bulging belly" (or better yet growing child) looks about like mine!