Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lucy's 3rd Birthday

On August 22nd we celebrated Lucy's 3rd birthday. It is hard to believe she is already 3 years old. The time has really just gone by faster than I ever imagined. It seems like just yesterday she was born. Guess I should get used time going by so fast...I hear it goes faster the older we get (and I believe that!).

For Lucy's birthday we opted to go for a tea party with some friends from church. We did this for a number of reasons, and I am glad we did. It was really girly and lots of fun. I borrowed decorations from various friends, and my mom even let all the girls eat off her china. It was great!

Some of the girls enjoying their lunch.

The girls at the other table (we needed two, each with six girls).

Danielle came in style. She even had on gloves at one point. So cute!

Lucy enjoying her "tea", which was really homemade pink lemonade.



Lucy talking to Aunt Shannon on Gigi's phone.

Dani having a good time with my little sister, Elizabeth.



Aunt Suzanne and Cousin Taylor

The only shot we got of the table of food and the cake. The idea for the cake came from here. I was really pleased with how it turned out, and SUPER grateful to my friend Diann from church that showed me how to make and work with fondant. Much tastier than the store bought stuff.

Blowing out the candles...I think this was the first time she did this. Did you notice the pretty cake stand? You may remember a prior post about my renewed love for milk glass. My sweet mother-in-law bought me a milk glass cake stand just for Lucy's birthday...I love it!

Lu decked out in her beads. I bought necklaces and bracelets for all the girls to put on and take home. I am not sure why she has so many on right here though.

All of the girls. Aren't they sweet?

That would be Ben's head in the photo...guess we are done with the party!

Lucy opening her gifts from Nana after the party. She got a coloring book, Llama Llama Red Pajama (which is hilarious, by the way) and a doll house. Both kids are loving the book and doll house...they are becoming well loved around here.

Opening gifts from Gigi, Opa and Elizabeth. She got books and a big set of wooden blocks. Again, the kids are both loving these blocks and learning to be more creative in their "building."


Ben thinks Lucy's costume jewelry from Mommy and Daddy not only looks good, but tastes great. And don't worry, the earings have gone away for a long while since he likes to put them in his mouth all the time.

Lucy opening her gifts from Mommy and Daddy. Costume jewelry (she loves playing with this stuff at Dani's house), pattern blocks and boards, and a magnetic calendar/chore chart from Doug & Melissa.

Our sweet Lucy showing off her beads. She is such a big girl now!

2 comments:

Crissy said...

Lucy looks like she had such a fabulous time at the party. She's cute in all her beads!

Happy 3rd Birthday, Lucy!

Sara S. said...

Look at your big girl! What a fun party! The cake looks adorable!