Saturday, September 19, 2009

If you aren't familiar with craigslist, you should be! We have found so many great things on there that people in our area are selling for a fraction of what it would cost new.

Our local craigslist moves really fasts and has TONS of posts every day. My very favorite section to browse is "free". I usually see some pretty nice stuff, or even things that could be fixed up easily, put on there. However, we don't have a truck to get furniture, or it could be over an hour away. So, most of the time I just browse.

Yesterday was a different story.

I happened to be on the computer fairly early in the morning before the kids were awake and thought I'd just see if anything good was listed. I was MORE than excited to see that someone posted a 9-piece copper bottom, stainless steel Revere Ware pot & pan set on there. VERY exciting! I immediately emailed the poster, and was excited to get an email back within 30 minutes asking what time I'd be there to pick it up.

A few hours later the kids and I were back home with our "new" set of cookware.

Here is the stock pot. I was trying to get a good before picture of the copper bottom.

Sporting the "paste" of flour, salt and vinegar that I made to clean it (and the others) up.

The set after being scrubbed down with a bit more salt and vinegar. Not a bad find, eh?


Nathan and I have been wanting to ditch the non-stick cookware we have for a number of reasons, but just hadn't made the move yet. We figured we'd buy a piece at a time. I mostly have been using our cast iron (LOVE it!), but really wanted a stainless steel option for when the cast iron wasn't what I needed to use.
Needless to say, I am SUPER excited that these were free, and that they cleaned up so well. I can't wait to try them. Such a small thing, but still such a blessing. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: