Friday, September 18, 2009

Conversations

My friend Crissy is always sharing something funny that one of her boys has said. I always enjoy getting to read these, and decided that I would start sharing these on here. One reason is that I know I'll forget them in a week if I don't right them down. Another is that they are too fun to not share...at least to me.

A few days ago I was reading The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle to the kids. I was reading the page with the cat that says, "Meow. Meow. Do you want to take a nap?" (He was talking to the spider). Ben promptly yelled, "NO!"

Then this morning I was getting breakfast ready for the kids while Lucy and I were talking about what she was going to eat. She started coughing and I asked her to cover her mouth. This is what followed:

Lucy: "Does Ben have a runny nose?"
Me: "Yes, but it is almost gone. You have a pretty nasty cough though."
Lucy: "I have a runny cough."

1 comment:

Mom said...

Lucy has become such a chatterbox with some funny things to say. Here are some that cracked me up:

(loudly with emphasis, repeatedly) "Happy Wednesday, Nana!!!!" (spoken on Saturday evening at dinner).

"Nana, you may go now." (This one was firmly spoken from the bathtub where Lucy and Ben were taking baths. I popped into the bathroom to say bye and wave one more time.)

And my all time favorite: "Nana, do you have tuppence for my bank?"