Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What did I get for my 30th birthday?

The joy of sharing...




God's creation is an amazing thing. These are pictures from here of a baby at 7 weeks in the womb. Today I am 7 weeks 3 days pregnant with baby #3, and he/she looks very much like this.

We are excited about this sweet blessing, which we expect around January 19, 2010. I have been extremely tired, and have very strong food aversions this time around. My first appointment with my midwife won't be until I am 10 weeks along.
And just because I love to read about the week-to-week development, here is what we expect to be going on with our little bambino this week:
  • Elbows form
  • Fingers start to develop
  • Feet start to appear with tiny notches for the toes
  • Ears eyes and nose start to appear
  • Intestines start to form in the umbilical cord - Did you know that initially the intestines are not formed insideof the baby's body?
  • Teeth begin to develop under the gums

9 comments:

Haley Frederick said...

YEA!!!!! So, so, so excited for you guys!!!!

Abigail Hutchinson said...

Woooooooo hooooooooo! How exciting! 7 weeks! That is awesome! Happy belated birthday! Wow kiddo #3! That is amazing! Dang I can't believe Ben is walking! He is getting so big!!! and that sucks you have been tired...it should get better though right?
Hope ya'll had a great memorial day weekend!
~Abigail

Melissa said...

God is so great to allow us to experience the miracle of life! Congratulations on this little one! (I also had strong food aversions, but the first time around. Some haven't really gone away.)

Amy said...

Wow I teared up!! So happy for you guys!

Amy S. said...

Congratulations Stephanie! I am really excited for you. It is so fun to have a new one on the way.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!! That's so exciting !

Koleta Hatfield

Heather said...

Congratulations Stephanie!! I'm so happy for you all!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! Three is a whole new ball game (as in, a zone defense, no longer man-to-man:)! Chances are, you may not recover from being tired at this point!


It has been a while since I last checked in here. Glad I did to see such new and special news!

It's a blessing to have babies, and God is faithful to carry us through when we are at the end of ourselves. May He give you the grace to honor Him through the pregnancy and the parenting of your newest one!

Emily said...

CONGRATULATIONS Stephanie and Nathan! Yay!!!