Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spring Ruffle Top for Lucy

While perusing the Sew Mama Sew blog I came across this tutorial by Rae from Made by Rae. I love both blogs, and knew I wanted to make this shirt. However, I wasn't satisfied with anything from my fabric stash to make one for me...so, I decided to modify it to fit the Lu girl.

I really like, but will definitely do some things different next time (like make the straps further apart in the front...).






The vintage fabric was from my mother-in-law's destashing. I love the fabric, but wasn't sure what to do with it when she gave it to me. I think it makes a darling shirt! The khaki fabric is actually from the legs of some pants that I turned into shorts for Nathan (another post for another time).
Lucy was so excited about the shirt that she didn't want to take a nap until it was done so she could wear it to bed. And being a good little girl, she went down easy for a good, long nap in her new shirt.

4 comments:

lostinrain said...

Thought that was a mamamade when I saw the pic on FB! :) Gorgeous--shirt and fabric! While in SF for three days, I walked to Britex fabrics and splurged on 2/3 yd of Japanese print cotton/linen blend. Just enough to make M a button-down shirt. I don't know if I will get to it until we get back to TX in the fall. I am "supposed" to be sewing for Mark while we are here :P

Crissy said...

Very fashionable! Great job, Steph!

Bridget said...

Stephanie!!! You won the Martha for Mother's Day giveaway on Bake at 350! How cool that random.org picked #1! :)

Email me your full name and address and I'll get your package out to you. bridget350(AT)gmail(DOT)com.

Thanks for entering!♥

Stephanie said...

Woo hoo, Bridget! Thank you!!!