Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Breastfeeding Mom

A while back Nathan had told me of a picture of a woman nursing her child on Main Street here in Fort Worth. So, when we were at the arts festival a few weeks back he made sure to point it out to me. Of course, being a breastfeeding mother and advocate, I had to take a picture.

The interesting thing is that this was actually a historic plaque honoring Cynthia Ann Parker. She had a very interesting life. I think I may read up on her a bit more.

And a side note: props to the City of Fort Worth for displaying a mother breastfeeding her child. A natural thing that God created our bodies to do...nourish and comfort our children.




1 comment:

Heather said...

WTG Fort Worth, I'm glad they used that picture and didn't crop it. Saying hi and we miss you on SG. I think of you often, and check your blog each time you post.