Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A few recipes

Lots of people asked for recipes for some of the food at Ben's birthday party. This is the easiest way to get that out there (and Heidi, sorry that I realized today when I got your email that I had never posted the info like I promised! Sorry!).

The first recipes was given to me by my mother-in-law, who received it from a friend at church. It is a favorite in our house...though we do try to limit how often we have them. The second is a combination of recipes from two friends - one at church, the other online.


Ham Delights
Yield: 36

Ingredients:
½ lb butter or margarine
3 T poppy seeds
3 T mustard
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 lb thinly sliced ham, shredded in the food processor
8 slices of Swiss cheese, cut in 4s
36 Hawaiian rolls, sliced in half

Directions:
1. Preheat oven at 400.
2. Mix the first five ingredients and spread on tops and bottoms of rolls.
3. Evenly spread shredded ham on rolls and top with a slice of cheese.
4. Wrap in foil and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.




Protein Balls
Yield: About 4 dozen

Ingredients:
1 cup natural peanut butter (in the jar)
½ cup honey
½ cup agave nectar (could use just honey for this part)
1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup wheat germ
½ cup raw sunflower seeds
½ cup powdered milk

Directions:
1. Mix peanut butter and sweetener until combined.
2. Add dry ingredients and mix.
3. Roll mix into one-inch balls.Refrigerate for at least an hour.

1 comment:

Haley Frederick said...

I always love new recipes! I'm gonna make those protein balls this weekend... but I'm probably going to name them something else for Eva otherwise she'd NEVER eat them. :)