Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lucy: Future Art Connoisseur


For Christmas my sister-in-law's family got Lucy and Ben a number of art board books that Lucy has become very fond of. She knows the name of the artist for each book, and is happy to tell you all about the pictures. The above painting is Rest by Picasso. A few weeks ago we were at my friend Amanda's house for playgroup when Lucy pointed to this poster on her wall and said, "Pablo Picasso". Needless to say, I was impressed that she was able to recognize the painting as his. Maybe we have a future art connoisseur on our hands. I know that would thrill her father.

5 comments:

Haley Frederick said...

What a smarty pants!!!

Nathan said...

Awesome. Maybe now I'll have a girl in the family who will enjoy accompanying me to the Museums.

Daniel and Amy said...

That's awesome! what a smart little girlie!

Crissy said...

Way to go Lucy!

Jessie's Girls said...

I came to you from Monkswife.
That is one of my favorite Picassos. Lucy has good taste! She must be about the age of my oldest. She astounds me with how much information she actually absorbs now.