Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Green Stuff


It is funny how split pea soup is usually on the list of one the most hated foods for kids and adults alike. I often think of the George and Martha story where Martha makes George pots and pots of split pea soup because he is so fond of it. The thing is that George was too nice to tell her he didn't like it at all. It was only after she found him pouring it in his shoe at the dinner table that she admitted her dislike for the soup, and they were happy to never have it again.
And though George and Martha may not like split pea soup, my kids LOVE it! It is one of the few meals that they can't seem to get enough of. Both Lucy and Ben seem to want seconds, and usually ignore the bread that goes along with it. The only other thing I can think of that they like this much is ice cream. I think I prefer them to have the soup.

4 comments:

Crissy said...

Wow! I can't believe split pea soup is on the same playing field as ice cream! I can't say the same for BA!

Haley Frederick said...

I don't even think I've ever eaten split pea soup. Kudos to the kids though. On a related note, Eva just looked at me and said, "My apple is amazing."

Abigail Hutchinson said...

Ewwwwwwwwww that is so funny!!! I still hate peas! But I love ice cream! hhehe! Oh and I love the little outfit you made so very much!!!! I am going to have to have a kid someday so you can make me a cute little outfit with bloomers! hhehe!

Brittany said...

I have never had split pea soup before! I don't like peas though, so I would assume that I wouldn't like the soup! Glad the kids like it though!