Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas with Nana

Before we left for Rockport to celebrate Christmas with my side of the family, we celebrated with Nathan's mom (aka Nana) here in Fort Worth. We had a really good time, and it was nice to relax and hang out with Cathy before we left town.

Reading Ben a book that came with his fire truck.
The character in the book was named Ben as well.
Ben showing off his new crawling skills...and his beautiful, blue eyes.

Lucy and Ben playing. Nathan thinks Lucy looks like his sister Erin as a kid here.

Nathan and Lucy testing out the new Noah's Arc quilt from Nana.

Nana dressing Lucy in the Tinkerbell-like outfit she found for her.
Lucy was afraid of the wings, so Nana wore them instead.
I think they look fabulous!
And here she is...out little Lucybell - minus wings.

Nana reading "Horton Hears a Who" to Lucy.
Lucy absolutely LOVES books and is excited every time someone reads to her.
Thank you, Nana, for all the great gifts. Lucy and Ben love them, and we always love a fun quilt! But more than that, thank you for being Nana. We love you, and hope this year bring much happiness and peace from our Lord!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh, you are so sweet! Nana has tears in her eyes and a big smile on her face.

That photo of Lucy DOES look like her Aunty Erin as a little girl. Wow!

Ben's blue shirt really shows off his big blue eyes, doesn't it? Blue eyes are such a wonder to me, since I always see brown eyes in the mirror.

Nana is the absolute best label I've ever had. Every day I realize more what a precious and special gift it is to have that role. I stand in awe of my grandcrew and can't wait to learn more about each of my little grandkids as they grow and blossom.

As I write this tonight, my heart is full of love for them all, but especially little Jonathan. Tomorrow is a huge day and he is on my heart. Kiss Lucy and Ben for me tonight.

Nana, who might need a set of wings of her own... I think I look pretty good in wings! Wonder if I could learn to fly??? LOL