Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Texas State Aquarium

During our time in Rockport for Christmas our family was in much need of a "family day" with just the four of us. The kids and I left for Rockport on Tuesday, December 16th, and Nathan left that same day for a business trip to New York City. We were not reunited until that following Sunday.

Since we were looking for something fun to do in Corpus and Lucy loves animals (aka aminals, if you are Lucy), we decided to head to the Texas State Aquarium for the morning. Though the day was chilly, overcast and drizzly, we had a really good time. Lucy seemed to enjoy most of the aquarium, and Ben was happy to hang out on my back in the Beco.


Here we are watching the dolphins from outside.

My sweet girl. She loved being so close to the dolphins, but really wanted to get in the water with them.
Running back and forth along the dolphin area. Shhhh...she wasn't supposed to be behind that fencing.
I think you must touch the glass with your face to get a good view of the fish.
Checking out the dolphins from inside and underground. The kids loved this.

Some of the dolphins here were rescued after being injured in the wild. If you look closely you can see the scaring and damage left from their predators.

Can you tell he liked it?

Have I mentioned that I think my son is the cutest boy ever? He is!

A mama and her boy.

Of course, my silly girl climbing about. She enjoyed this and running from Daddy quite a bit while watching the dolphins. I guess she needed the outing as much as us.


After our visit to the aquarium we decided to find something to eat in Corpus. I am ashamed to say that I didn't know of any good, local eateries in Corpus after living within 30 miles of the city for two decades. Since that was the case we called almost all of my family asking for recommendations. Nobody answered there phones. That's okay though, we happened to find a Rudy's Bar-B-Q on S.P.I.D., and were excited to have this unexpected treat (we usually eat Rudy's when we are driving through Waco, College Station or Austin).

We ended our outing with the kids crashing in the car and cruising through Corpus to see what the city had to offer. Looks like my family shouldn't get their hopes up of us moving there any time soon...or at all. A certain person, who shall remain nameless, wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped. That's okay, I've found a six hour car drive with myself and the kids is very doable. So, we'll see you all often enough.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Loved the pictures! What a fun day for you guys, I might need to drive 6 hours to go see it! ;)

The McGregor Family said...

Wow how fun! My kids would love to see that..we might have to make the 6 hour drive also.

Have a Happy New Year!

Crissy said...

Wow! What a cool trip! Both of your children are beautiful!

TulipGirl said...

Such fun pics!

Abigail Hutchinson said...

Oh man I love all the pics! And yes your little man is the cutest boy in the world! hehe! Looks like ya'll had a blast! Oh so check out the blog I just posted...I put up pics of my two scarves I've made!!!!

Mom said...

Stephanie,
You and your kiddos are so photogenic. It looks like y'all had a great time. I don't blame Lucy for wanting to get close to all of those neat water creatures. I've always secretly wished to swim with dolphins.... well... only if they are as nice as Flipper.

Cathy