Thursday, November 20, 2008

Look what we have coming...


I am super excited that I got the okay from Nathan to buy this advent calendar a few days ago. I wanted a wooden one that was focused on Christ and not the commercialized version of Christmas. This is what I found.

Each piece is inside the one of the little doors. Every day, starting on December 1st, we'll take a piece out to put on the top portion. Then we will read from Scripture about the coming of Christ.

We have been going through the book of Genesis, so definitely have to put a hold on that. I think we still need to do some reading up on what Scripture to go over, but I am really excited we get to start doing this with the kids.

Anyway...I just wanted to share.

4 comments:

Erin said...

SO fun! I have a similar one that I love. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to care! LOL

mine's the first one on this page
http://www.catholicsupply.com/CHRISTMAS/advcal2.html

Yours has a cuter shape. :D

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness! I love that!...where did you get it?

Crissy said...

That looks fabulous. Where did you find it at?

Stephanie said...

I got mine at BabyAge.com, but Amazon has it too. Just search ror the KidKraft Advent Calendar.