Thursday, September 4, 2008

Barrettes!

Thanks to my online friend, Rae, I have had this bookmarked for at least a month. I had fully intended on making a few of these barrettes for Lucy and my nieces, but had gotten busy and went out of town (more on that when we have pictures developed later this week).

Today the kids and I went to Wal-Mart to look for a certain kind of bib for Ben since he started eating "real" food this week. Every time I go to WM, which isn't often, I am immediately drawn to the fabric/craft section. I love their $1.00 fabric section (where I keep finding a maroon gauze that would make a great wrap, but I am NOT using maroon!).

Anyway. While I was there I found some cute buttons and felt to make the barrettes. Since Nathan is working a lot this week for a big deadline I thought it might be nice to have a craft project to distract myself while kids are sleeping...or just when Ben is.

Lucy and I were able to make three clips. Two are the same, but the third is smaller with a tiny, pink button shaped like a flower...it is really sweet. I only have two pictures of Lucy wearing one of the two identical ones, but thought I'd share anyway.

I am definitely going to make more of these. They were really easy and fun!

P.S. Don't get heavy buttons. They tend to make barrette slip a bit.

6 comments:

Haley Frederick said...

so cute. I'm always inspired by your creativity. How do you do it with 2 kids? I only have one and never seem to have the time/energy to do crafty things.

melissa gililland said...

cute! maybe you could bleach/dye the maroon fabric to be a color that was appropriate. :)

Stephanie said...

Seriously, it only took about 5-10 minutes to make them. That included clean-up. I just do quick crafts, or ones that I can do a little at a time during naps without it affecting the outcome.

Brittany said...

those are SO cute!!

Kate Thomas said...

i think you should use the maroon fabric, it would be really cute!

Stephanie said...

Of course you do, Katie! LOL.