Friday, August 8, 2008

Fancy Clothes and Sweet Sounds

Just now I was listening to Lucy singing in a very sweet voice, "Pwaise Him, Jesus, Pwaise Him." It reminds me of what a blessing it is to be able to share my faith with her, and for Nathan and I to be a witness in and out of our home.

It makes me smile to know that she is learning the Truth. She knows that church is where we learn about God and Jesus (we are still working on the Holy Spirit), sing and see friends. She also knows that at home we can sing to God, and that the hymnal has many songs in there for that purpose. Her favorite hymn is Praise Him, and she asks to sing it every day. I love it!

Every night when Nathan puts her to bed he pats her back while they pray together and then sing praises to God. She loves that time with Nathan, and so does he. Throughout the day she will often ask for us to pray. I ask her who she wants to pray for, and then we say a short prayer (since that is all her patience will allow). She usually asks to pray for family or friends from church/play group. It is so sweet.

Also, Lucy has taken a fancy to my shoes and clothes. Yesterday she was wearing my socks and tennis shoes outside. It was hilarious. Today she has on one of my sweaters I used to wear to work, with a pair of black dress shoes. I guess it is a good thing she likes to dress up...I am making her some dress up items for Christmas.

2 comments:

Haley Frederick said...

That is so sweet! I love watching them learn about Jesus. It must please Him too.
I was just telling my mom that I wanted to make dress up clothes for Eva for Christmas as well. Do you have a pattern or are you just winging it? I've been trying to decide which I'm going to do.

Stephanie said...

That is fun! I do have a few patterns/ideas from online (not all are dress-up though). Here are a few:

Tu-tu
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=647147

Bell Rings
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10040433

Hair Clips (these will be for Lucy and my nieces)
http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2007/06/this_house_is_w.html

Also, just an idea, but Lucy has some play silks that my sister-in-law bought and dyed for Lucy last year. They can be lots of fun with dress-up stuff too. Here is an example of what I mean:

http://www.novanatural.com/s.nl/it.A/id.795/.f?sc=2&category=4864