Saturday, August 2, 2008

Plugged Ducts and Teeth

I have noticed that Ben has been more restless and fussier than normal in the last few weeks. I knew that he was teething since he is already 5 months, drooling like crazy and gnawing on anything he can manage to get in his mouth. Earlier this week I was playing with him, and noticed the teeth under the gums when he was laughing. Seriously! Teeth! I can't believe we are about to have teeth already. Not only did I see the lines for the top of his teeth under the gums, but I also noticed the rounded rigde on the front of his gums on the bottom...and partially on the top too! Man alive, I had forgotten about the biting when they first get teeth. This too shall pass...right? What happened to my newborn?

Also, I realized last night when I was going to bed that my left breast felt really full and hard. Almost immediately I knew the problem...plugged duct. Unfortunately, it was more like three plugged ducts. I am sure this is because Ben went a REALLY long time in between nursing in the afternoon.

I was up until 2am with a warm compress and massage while I read. It is pretty tender, but it looks like it is getting better. Which is great, because I don't want mastitis.

No comments: