Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mr. Chunkers

Yes, this is the nickname that my husband has so lovingly bestowed upon our son. I am not really a fan, but I can't seem to make it go away. I can completely understand where it comes from. Ben weighed 21 lbs 6 oz at his 4 month check-up last Friday.

That's right. 21 lbs 6 oz at 4 months old. AND, his thigh is 11 inches round.

Yes, that is all breastmilk. No, I don't have a clue why my kiddos chunk up so much on my milk. My friend, Nichol, tells me I should bottle it up and sell it. If I didn't loathe pumping, I'd be willing to donate it to babies that need it!

Anyway. Here are some pics of our chunky monkey, Ben.




8 comments:

Melissa Gililland said...

Oh my gosh, Stephanie! Abby had her 15 month check-up on Monday and weighs 19 lbs 6 oz! She eats all the time but I guess she runs it all off - she loves running!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Chunkers is a rather creative name for Ben! (I think we may have a Mr. Chunkers too!)
Ben has the cutest smile!
-Crissy

Amanda said...

I just wanna take a bite outta that thigh!

Not really, just love chunky babies. :)

Downings on the Bayou said...

I think it's cute. I actually think "chunky monkey" would be a more acceptable nickname.

Mom said...

Mr. Chunkers certainly fits!
Ben obviously excels at his primary jobs: proficient nursing and melting hearts! Such a engaging smile. Keep up the good work, Ben!

Nana

Jennifer Davis said...

That is so great. I had to get out the calendar to look at how big Joshua was. He weighed 19.4 pounds at 4 months. He is 21 months and only weighs 27. We called him Mr. Chubby Pants. Now he is a peanut. Love your blog. I like to be able to stay caught up. Would love to see your babies!

Stephanie said...

Wow! Joshua was really big at this age too!

How are you all doing? I hope great! I was just thinking yesterday that I need to pay a visit to Ye Ole Higg. Maybe in the next week or so.

Kristin said...

Wow! What a sweet chunky baby. I thought I was the only Mama who has such large babies. My youngest (now almost 2) was 19 1/2 pounds at 4 months, but he is average size now.

Come see me...from-my-life.blogspot.com. :-)