Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Mini for Samantha

My sister, Samantha, is having a baby in August. I am super excited and couldn't wait to make something fun for the new mama and her baby girl. Homemade gifts are always fun...if they are usable.

I talked to Sam, and we decided that a baby carrier would be great since she wants to be able to wear Emah (yes, that is how she and her husband are spelling Emma...talk to them about it ;)). I was able to get a really cute full-sized Mei Tai online for a great price, but wanted there to be something that would work really well for when Emah was really small. I knew almost immediately that I would make her a Mini Mei Tai.

I originally knew about these after my sister-in-law, Erin, made one for herself. And I was able to find the pattern on TBW (TheBabyWearer.com), so all I needed was fabric and matching thread!

Here are the results as of last night (just in time for her shower on Saturday).















Excuse the not-so-great picture of Ben and I testing it out. He absolutely loved it...he just stared and smiled at me the whole time. (No worries Sam, I only spilled tomato sauce on it...it will come out. Kidding!).

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I love the fabric colors!

shannon said...

oh, that's really cute! good job, steph!

Sara S. said...

I'm so impressed! I wish that I had something like that when Ella was an infant. It is so trendy too! It was so nice to finally meet you and sweet Ben at the shower!