Thursday, May 8, 2008

Motivation Update

So, I wanted to give an update on my motivation post a few weeks back. Things have gotten much better, and I have been exercising consistently. I am doing the Couch to 5k in 9 weeks. The only change I made is that I am going every other day instead of just 3 times a week. I know myself well enough to know that more than one day between each work out would easily result in my stopping for a while and having to start over. So, it will really be less than 9 weeks the way I am going about it. Tomorrow I will start week 3 of the workout, and I can already tell a big difference. I have no idea if I have lost weight since we don't own a scale, but I have definitely lost inches. Not only that, but the running is getting easier and easier. Usually I go running with both kiddos in the double jogging stroller that our sweet friends got us before Ben was born. I'll just say, 40 pounds of kids, plus 40 pounds of stroller, is HARD work! I read online last week that you exert 30% more energy pushing a stroller, which also means you burn 30% more calories and fat...I'll take that! Also, when I run without the stroller it is much easier.

I did want to also thank you ladies for the replies. I appreciate it. It is nice to know I am not alone, and to have encouragement from others. Thank you!

4 comments:

Haley Frederick said...

Okay, now I"m more motivated. I downloaded the coach to 5k program but keep putting off starting it. I'm definitely starting this weekend! Maybe we can run a 5K together. :)

Stephanie said...

We should run one together. That would be a good gosl to set.

Brittany said...

GREAT job Stephanie! I am so proud of you and your determination!!!

Haley Frederick said...

Maybe we could find one and set a goal. I seriously need something like that, otherwise I just keep putting things off. I'm the Queen of procrastination.