Thursday, April 24, 2008

How does your garden grow?

We did it! We planted our garden!

My sweet husband, who said this was my project, did most of the work too! He put the raised beds together, put up the apparatus for the vertital growing plants, mixed the soil, manure and compost, and put the mixture in the beds. He is the best!

So, we now have our garden planted, and are waiting for it to grow. We are both pretty excited to see what kind of yield we get. I actually had two dream about it last night. The first one there was A LOT of produce to pick after a week of the seeds being planted. I actually thought in my dream that this had to be a dream. The second one there was a lot less produce, but still some good results (that were still not realistic for one week after planting the seeds). Wonder what I was thinking about before bed?

Here is the run down on all we have planted...
  • watermelon
  • canteloupe
  • green beans
  • black beans
  • cucumbers
  • zucchini
  • summer squash
  • bell peppers
  • jalepeno peppers
  • tomatoes (two varieties)
  • carrots
  • chives
  • cilantro
  • parsley
  • basil
  • oregano

Exciting! Until we have some good pictures of actual growth, here are some of Lucy trying to help.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Obviously, she was distracted in the last one!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

WOW!!! I am so excited...I might just have to stop by just to see your garden and the progress! I love what you have planted...one day I hope to be able to have my own, but until then I will live vicariously through you!

josh n tiff said...

Tell Nathan thanks for the advise. We'll see if we can get there. Good luck on the garden-I totally wish I liked to garden because there is nothing better than homegrown tomatoes

Shannon said...

lucy is such a cutie pie!